Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Last Birthday Ball

While it's most definitely not the last birthday ball for the Marine Corps, it most certainly is for Matt and I.  This year marks my 7th ball.  While the scenery and familiar faces have changed quite a bit over the years, I have always been proud to attend with Matt and have always been honored to be a part of such a treasured Marine Corps tradition.  I've gotten to see the colors (American flag) paraded proudly next to the Marine Corps flag by my own husband (wish I hadn't forgotten my camera battery in the charger at home that night!)  as well as listen to a few very motivational guests of honor speak.  To be a part of a celebration reserved only for the Marines is something few will ever experience and truly something special that I will remember always.  

The 237th Marine Corps Ball:





And my 7 years of Marine Corps ball history...

Pensacola, FL

San Diego, CA
San Diego, CA

San Diego, CA
Okinawa, Japan
Okinawa, Japan
Okinawa, Japan


Oh, the memories... I hope I have a reason to get this dressed up in the civilian world:)

-C

1 comment:

  1. While I've read these prior...today I've been able to easily post comments...so I'm coming back to say how much I enjoyed seeing you both through the years! Ooh Rah! xo

    ReplyDelete